Thinksport Thinker Lip Balm
- Free of
Thinkbaby and Thinksport sunscreen is highly effective, falls into the highest category for water resistance and has a sensible SPF 50+ rating. A quick look on your local drugstore shelf will show an increasing number of chemical sunscreens boasting ultra-high SPFs of 70 and greater. An SPF higher than SPF 30 offers only minimal improvement in sun protection and does not provide insight into its ability to protect for both UVA and UVB. Instead, these ultra-high SPFs are inflated through the use of chemical UV absorbers. The FDA has recently ruled that SPF numbers above 50 are not allowed. They have also ruled the terms "Sweatproof" and "Waterproof" as false claims.
You should know that the effective difference between SPF 30 and SPF 100 is approximately 2.5% difference. Don't be misled by ultra-high SPF numbers. Additionally,Thinkbaby and Thinksport sunscreens utilize average zinc oxide particles greater than 110nm. Kevin Brodwick, founder of Thinkbaby and Thinksport explains why: "We always use the precautionary principle and as we expect the debate on the safety of nano particles to continue, we asked a simple question: Does the product have to contain nano particles to be an effective sunscreen? The answer is, quite simply, "NO"!
- First Sunscreen to pass Whole Foods Premium Care Requirements
- Top Rated by EWG with a "1"? rating since 2010
- Free of biologically harmful chemicals. No Avobenzone, Oxybenzone, or UV Chemical absorbers.
- Highest SPF 50+ (per FDA 2012 Rules - any sunscreens boasting higher are falsely marketing)
- Highest level of Broad-spectrum UVA and UVB protection (per FDA 2012 Rules)
- Highest level of water resistance (80 minutes) (per FDA 2012 Rules)
- Non-nano formulation - Average particle size >100micron
- Non-aerosol formulation (High concern of both ineffectiveness and particulates being inhaled)
- Paraben, phthalates, PABA and 1,4 dioxane free
- Applies and absorbs easily. Non-oily feel.
- Sunscreen produced in the USA
- Does not have an obtrusive smell that many organic sunscreens have.
- A member of the Safe Cosmetics Campaign Compact
- Founding member Sun Safety Coalition
- Gluten free (third-party verified)
- No animal testing (Leaping Bunny member)
- More awards than any other sun care line
Active Ingredients: 10.5% Non nano zinc oxide
Inactive Ingredients: HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL(1)*,CERA ALBA (BEESWAX)(1)*, COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL(1)*,CAPRIC / CAPRYLICTRIGLYCERIDE(1), BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER(1)*, RUBUS IDAEUS (RED RASPBERRY) SEED OIL (1), THEOBROMA CACAO (COCOA) SEED BUTTER(1)*, TOCOPHEROL(1), SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) OIL(1)*, CALOPHYLLUM INOPHYLLUM (TAMANU) SEED OIL(1)*, POLYHYDROXYSTEARIC ACID(1), CITRUS PARADISI(1), CURRANT(1), RIBES RUBRUM (CURRANT) FRUIT(1)
*Certified Organic Ingredients
Directions: Apply liberally 15 minutes before sun exposure.
- after 80 minutes of swimming or sweating.
- immediately after towel drying
- at least every 2 hours
Spending time in the sun increases your risk of skin cancer and early skin aging. To decrease this risk, regularly use a sunscreen with a broad spectrum value of 15 or higher and other protection measures including:
- Limit time in the sun, especially from 10 am-2 pm.
- Wear long-sleeved shirts, pants, hats, and sunglasses
- Protect this product from excessive heat and direct sun.
Warning: For external use only. Do not use on damaged or broken skin. Stop use and ask a doctor if rash occurs. When using this product keep out of eyes. Rinse with water to remove. Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Protect this product from excessive heat and direct sun.
Thinksport sunscreen is perfect for sensitive skin. We recommend testing on a small area of the body to ensure that you don't have any sensitivities.
Gluten, Petroleum, PABA, parabens, BPA, phthalates, oxybenzone, avobenzone, dioxane, toxic chemicals. Cruelty-free (no animal testing).
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.