recipe by: Laura Mierzwa, Registered Holistic Nutritionist and Culinary Nutrition Expert
As a delicious alternative to croutons, or to enjoy by the handful, these roasted chickpeas are high in fibre and protein, making them an ideal snack to keep you satisfied. If you have issues consuming chickpeas, try soaking them overnight to make them easier to digest!
1.5 cups cooked chickpeas
1/4 cup grapeseed oil
½ tsp dried oregano
½ tsp Himalayan salt
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp onion powder
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a bowl, mix oil, spices and chickpeas.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, evenly spread chickpeas.
- Bake for 15 minutes, stir, and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Depending on your oven, you may need to bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until chickpeas are crunchy.
- Let cool on the pan, then store in an airtight glass container in a cool dry place.
Tried it and loved it? Let us know in the comments below!