recipe by: Laura Mierzwa, Registered Holistic Nutritionist and Culinary Nutrition Expert
Chocolate Peppermint Bark is an easy recipe to make, but it's sure to be a big hit at your next function! This one has good-for-you ingredients so you don't feel guilty for indulging.
¼ cup coconut oil
¼ cup raw coconut butter
¼ cup raw cacao powder
1/3 – ½ cup maple syrup or honey
2 gluten-free candy canes, crushed
1 tsp vanilla extract
Optional: coconut flakes, crushed walnuts, hemp seeds, Goji berries, Cinnamon
- In a bowl, melt coconut oil, raw coconut and sweetener.
- Add vanilla extract and cacao powder, and stir until combined.
- With a spatula, spread evenly on a parchment lined cookie sheet, about ¼ inch thick.
- Top with crushed candy canes and toppings of choice, and lightly pat down.
- Place in freezer for one hour and then break into pieces. Keep frozen.
Tried it and loved it? Let us know in the comments below!