recipe by: Laura Mierzwa, Registered Holistic Nutritionist and Culinary Nutrition Expert
4 collard green leaves
4 tbsp hemp seeds
1 large sweet potato, cut into rounds
1 tomato de-seeded and chopped
1 lime, juiced
2 tbsp coconut oil
¼ tsp coriander powder
¼ tsp cumin powder
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice sweet potatoes into ¼ inch thick rounds and coat with coconut oil.
- Lay rounds flat on baking sheet and sprinkle with Himalayan salt.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes, flipping halfway though.
- While sweet potato is baking, mash together avocado, hemp seeds, spices and lime.
- Add tomato to avocado and mix.
- With remaining coconut oil, cook eggs over medium heat, flipping after whites are cooked.
- Trim steams of the collard greens.
- Lay collard leaves flat and add 1-2 tablespoons of avocado mix.
- Layer with sweet potatoes and egg.
- Fold in each side and roll until closed.
- Enjoy this fertility-boosting wrap for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Yield: Makes 4 wraps for 2-4 people.
How this wrap boosts your fertility:
Avocado: This fruit is loved for its high nutrient profile, making it a fertility favourite! The healthy fats in avocados help with weight management, blood sugar regulation and reduction of inflammation.
Sweet Potato: This brightly coloured starchy vegetable is full of blood sugar stabilizing complex carbohydrates! Sweet potatoes are a great swap for white potatoes or other processed grains which spike insulin levels. Proper ovulation occurs when insulin levels are controlled.
Hemp Seeds: Plant based source of omega-3 fatty acids that help to reduce inflammation.
Less inflammation = less stress.
Collard Greens: Full of fibre and folic acid, collard greens make a delicious alternative to starch based wraps. Folic acid is crucial in the development of your baby’s genetic materials. Remember when supplementing to choose the Methyltetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF) form of folic acid to ensure optimal absorption.
Eggs: Rich in choline, protein, and healthy fats, eggs are key to include in your fertility boosting diet! When cooking eggs, leave the yolks slightly runny to get the full benefits of choline. Egg allergy? No problem: just supplement with NutriChem’s NutriCholine for an optimal dosage of choline.
Tried it and loved it? Let us know in the comments below!