recipe by: Julia Davie, Registered Holistic Nutritionist
This delicious, home-brewed Rosemary Orange Iced Tea is a refreshing take on classic iced tea. If you choose to use green tea instead of black, you'll be delighted with all of the benefits that green tea can do for your health. It is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients that powerfully affect many areas of your body, including improving brain function and fat loss, lowering the risk of infection and cancer, and more.
The health benefits of rosemary are numerous too: it is also rich in antioxidants, iron and calcium, and is said to improve digestion and brain function. All in all, this iced tea was created with your health in mind!
10 cups water, divided
1/2 cup raw honey
peel of one orange
6 organic black or green tea bags
garnish: fresh rosemary sprigs and orange wedges
- Peel orange and set aside with fresh 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary.
- Slowly heat 2 cups of the water in a medium sized saucepan. Add honey and stir until dissolved.
- Add 2 sprigs fresh rosemary and orange peel to honey mixture. Bring to a rolling boil and then turn off the heat. Set aside for 20 minutes to steep.
- Bring remaining water to a boil.
- Place tea bags in a large glass pitcher. Pour boiling water over the top.
- Remove rosemary and orange peel from honey mixture after 20 minutes and pour over tea.
- Leave on the counter until the mixture becomes room temperature before placing in the refrigerator to cool.
- Serve over ice and garnished with a sprig of fresh rosemary and wedge of fresh orange.