By Laura Mierzwa RHN, CNE
Need a simple holiday dessert? I've got you covered with these no bake snowflake squares. They come together in minutes and will be gone in seconds!
What you'll need
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free oats
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup unsweetened organic peanut butter
- 1 can coconut milk (full fat!)
- 1/4 cup enjoy life chocolate chips
- Place a medium steel bowl over a sauce pan with some water, over low heat.
- Add the peanut butter and maple syrup, mix until smooth and creamy.
- In a 9x9 glass dish add oats and coconut flour. Then add the peanut butter mixture and combine well.
- Press the oat mix firmly into the bottom of the dish.
- Again place the bowl over the sauce pan of water, scoop out the solid parts of the coconut milk and add along with the chocolate chips, stirring until melted.
- Pour the chocolate sauce over the oats.
- Place on the fridge for 2 hours until firm and then sprinkle with coconut flakes. The chocolate on the top should be slightly soft.
Cut into squares and serve!
Written by Laura Mierzwa, NutriChem Registered Holistic Nutritionist and Culinary Nutrition Expert
Laura is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist and Culinary Nutrition Expert. Holistic nutrition is a combination of modern science and time-tested wisdom based on the philosophy that each person has unique nutritional requirements. Laura specializes in working with clients who have digestive issues, food intolerances and autoimmune conditions. If you’re unsure of where to start, she will guide you in the right direction to improve your health at your own comfortable pace. She will suit your individual needs through customized nutrition protocols and meal planning.
Laura recognizes the importance of ongoing education as the health industry is forever evolving. Through whole foods, lifestyle improvements and proper supplementation Laura will support you to bring your health back to balance. As a Culinary Nutrition Expert, she is passionate about being in the kitchen creating delicious recipes with ingredients that support optimal health.