recipe by: Julia Davie, Registered Holistic Nutritionist
If you're looking for a healthy and satisfying creamy dressing, this recipe is for you! Drizzle this dressing over tacos, salads or use as a dip for raw vegetables!
The avocado in this recipe will keep you feeling full and satisfied, plus it improves the absorption of fat soluble vitamins. If you choose to use kefir, this dressing will also provide a healthy dose of probiotic bacteria to foster a healthy gut micro biome.
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- ½ cup organic milk kefir or plain unsweetened coconut yoghurt
- 1 cup fresh, packed cilantro leaves
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp Himalayan sea salt
- Water for desired consistency
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Process on high until thoroughly blended.
- Scrape down sides.
- If desired, add additional water for a thinner consistency before blending a second time.
- Serve while fresh.