Looking for a healthy home-made buffalo chicken wrap? We have you covered! This recipe makes a hearty lunch or light dinner. Spicy chicken, grilled corn, a tangy dairy free dressing …. what more could one ask for as a scrumptious seasonal recipe?
1 lb. chicken breast, cubed and cooked
2/3 cup of your favourite sugar free hot sauce
2 cobs of organic corn
1 tsp. avocado oil
1 ripe avocado
¼ cup lime juice
1 tsp. raw honey
pinch of salt
1 large head of organic romaine lettuce
Optional: sliced cherry tomatoes and sliced green onions
- Boil or grill corn until cooked.
- Allow corn cobs to cool. Carefully cut the corn kernels off the cob with a serrated knife and set aside.
- Place avocado, lemon juice, raw honey and sea salt in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Toss cooked chicken in hot sauce until well coated.
- Wash romaine lettuce leaves and dry well.
- Stuff individual romaine lettuce leaves with chicken, grilled corn and, if using, sliced tomatoes and green onions.
- Drizzle with avocado dressing.
- Roll up and enjoy!
Written by Julia Davie, NutriChem Registered Holistic Nutritionist and Doula
Julia is a graduate of the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition. Julia’s services emphasize the importance of whole, live and natural foods. Striving to make healthy eating accessible and enjoyable, she believes that food can be both nutritious and delicious! As a Registered Holistic Nutritionist, she understands the unique needs of each client and works with them to develop and implement a healthy eating plan individualized to their needs.
Julia strives to empower her clients through education, inspire them to make better food choices, and live healthier and more vibrant lives.
Julia’s special interests include digestive support, weight loss, skin health, blood sugar support, fertility nutrition, prenatal, postnatal and pediatric nutrition.
Call: 613-820-4200 to book an appointment with Julia.