Interested in changing up your Christmas dinner? Try out this gluten free, egg free stuffing made with all the good stuff!
By Registered Holistic Nutritionist, Kate Orlando
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 cup carrots, diced
1 cup celery stalks, diced
1 cup onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups cooked quinoa
2 whole pears, diced
1 cup vegetable, low sodium
¼ cup green onion, chopped
2 Tbsp parsley
3 Tbsp fresh sage, chopped
2 Tbsp dried thyme
½ tsp sea salt
½ tsp black pepper
1 cup walnut pieces
2 Tbsp pomegranate seeds, or cranberries
1. Heat coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add and sauté the carrots, celery and onion until onions are soft and translucent (about 5 minutes).
3. Add garlic and stir for another minute.
4. Add cooked quinoa, pears and broth and let simmer for 10 minutes, until the
pears begin to soften and liquid is absorbed.
5. After 7 minutes, stir in the green onion, parsley, sage, thyme, salt, pepper and walnuts.
6. Add pomegranate seeds before serving and additional salt and pepper, if