recipe by: Laura Mierzwa, Registered Holistic Nutritionist, Culinary Nutrition Expert
This recipe was featured on CTV Morning Live on July 27th, 2016! Watch the clip here.
1 can organic full fat coconut milk
1 probiotic capsule (dairy free)
1 sterile glass jar
- Open the probiotic capsule and place its contents into a bowl. Discard the capsule's casing.
- Mix together the coconut milk and probiotic with a whisk. For a thicker yogurt, only use the coconut milk solids.
- Place the mix into the sterile glass jar and seal tightly.
- Place the sealed jar into the oven (turned OFF), or in a warm place for 24 hours. (Basically the jar needs to be warmer than room temperature. It depends on the oven, but turning on the oven light for an hour or two is enough to heat it slightly.)
- Remove from the oven and store in the fridge.
- Top with whatever toppings you like! Raspberries and hempseeds are a yummy option.
Help promote Gut Health by sharing this recipe with a loved one!