By: Laura Mierzwa Registered Holistic Nutritionist and Culinary Nutrition Expert
We all have those nights where we rush home after work and need to get dinner on the table ASAP! This Easy Week Night Dinner is perfect for when you need to take your children to games and practices or trying to make it to that 6:30pm spin class. And the best thing of all, easy clean up!
Tip: Make this as a double batch on a Sunday using 2 trays to have lots of left overs for the week.
- 4 chicken breasts cut into halves or thirds
- 3 large sweet potatoes scrubbed and diced into 1 inch cubes
- 4 cups roasting veggies (brussels, zucchini, carrots, beets, cauliflower)
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp coriander
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
Add to a container and shake to mix.
Tip: Make this in a larger batch to keep in your pantry.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Add the chicken to the pan, brush the pieces with oil and then sprinkle the spice mix on both sides.
- Add the veggies & cubed sweet potato to the tray and drizzle with the rest of the oil.
- Add salt and pepper to the tray as desired.
- Cook the tray for 40 minutes total, flipping everything half way through.
- Depending on the oven and the size of the chicken pieces, you may need to cook for an additional 10 minutes until veggies are tender and chicken is cooked through.
Written by Laura Mierzwa, NutriChem Registered Holistic Nutritionist and Culinary Nutrition Expert
Laura is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist and Culinary Nutrition Expert. Holistic nutrition is a combination of modern science and time-tested wisdom based on the philosophy that each person has unique nutritional requirements. Laura specializes in working with clients who have digestive issues, food intolerances and autoimmune conditions. If you’re unsure of where to start, she will guide you in the right direction to improve your health at your own comfortable pace. She will suit your individual needs through customized nutrition protocols and meal planning.
Laura recognizes the importance of ongoing education as the health industry is forever evolving. Through whole foods, lifestyle improvements and proper supplementation Laura will support you to bring your health back to balance. As a Culinary Nutrition Expert, she is passionate about being in the kitchen creating delicious recipes with ingredients that support optimal health.
Call: 613-820-4200 to book an appointment with one of our RHN's.