This healthy granola is gluten, dairy, refined oil, and refined sugar free. This is a great breakfast or snack for the winter adventurer: full of functional carbohydrates, fibre and protein. Feel free to make this recipe your own by experimenting with different nuts, seeds and dried fruit.
- 4 cups old-fashioned gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups pecan halves
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup dried unsweetened cranberries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt coconut oil and let sit at room temperature.
- In a large bowl mix oats, pecans, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, sea salt, and cinnamon.
- Add maple syrup and vanilla to the melted coconut oil and whisk lightly to combine.
- Add to the oat mixture and stir to lightly coat all the ingredients.
- Spread the granola evenly over the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes, then stir and add the coconut flakes.
- Bake for another 12 minutes, or until lightly browned. Do not over bake.
- Let the granola cool completely, add the dried cranberries and transfer to an airtight container. Store at room temperature for up to two weeks.