By Kate Orlando, R.H.N
Sweet tooth getting you? Try these guilt free cookies.
Makes 15 small cookies
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil (liquid)
- ½ tsp pure almond extract
- 1 cup gluten free flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill gluten free mix, blue label)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 2 Tbsp raw cacao nibs
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
2. In a large bowl, combine almond butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, and almond extract.
3. Add gluten free flour, baking soda, salt, and cacao nibs. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet until combined.
4. Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
5. Using your hands, roll a spoonful of dough into balls, then slightly flatten them with your palm, place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
6. Bake cookies for 10 minutes or until the edges begin to turn golden brown.