Recipe by Laura Mierzwa, RH & Culinary Nutrition Expert
For my clients that are following a grain free diet, it can be tough to find alternatives for baked goods. That’s exactly why I came up with this recipe! These muffins are made with coconut flour, which is grain free and high in fibre. Coconut flour is very absorbent which is why this recipe calls for so many eggs. They are sweetened with only banana, making them refined and processed sugar free. Enjoy these for breakfast or an afternoon snack slathered with a bit of almond butter!
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 3 over ripe bananas mashed
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup organic butter melted (unsalted)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together coconut flour, sea salt, baking soda and cinnamon in one bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine melted butter, mashed bananas, eggs and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a lined muffin tin.
Optional: sprinkle with coconut flakes or chocolate chips (I used a few Enjoy Life brand, dairy free).
Bake for 24 - 26 minutes, until muffins are slightly firm on top
These are to make 12 large muffins.
Can sub coconut oil for butter