recipe by: Laura Mierzwa, Registered Holistic Nutritionist and Culinary Nutrition Expert
We love this luxurious dip because it's packed with healthy fats that will keep your children (or you!) full and satisfied to conquer the day! Combining good quality fats (avocado) and proteins (hemp seeds) with each meal will prevent blood sugar levels from crashing later.
Balancing blood sugar is important for the following reasons:
- Helps stabilize energy levels
- Controls weight
- Maintains emotional wellbeing
This dip is perfect for...
- packing in a lunchbox
- snacking on with fruit or crackers
- using for a treat or a "dessert"
- bringing to pot-lucks
2 medium avocados
4 tbsp hemp seeds
¼ cup Organic Traditions cacao powder
¼ cup pure maple syrup (depending how sweet you like it, feel free to use less)
- Whiz all ingredients together in a food processor or high-speed blender.
- Serve 1 – 2 tablespoons of dip with apple slices, orange wedges, strawberries or gluten free crackers.