recipe by: Laura Mierzwa, Registered Holistic Nutritionist and Culinary Nutrition Expert
Skip the drive-thru on the way home and snack on these energy bites instead! Packed with healthy fats and proteins, they’ll keep you satisfied until dinner. Feel free to swap out the almonds for your favorite nut or seed.
Did you know that maca belongs to the radish family? It’s grown in the mountains of Peru and is also known as “Peruvian ginseng”. Maca is excellent for supporting libido and increasing energy for both men and women.
10 dates, soaked and pitted
1 cup almonds
1 cup shredded coconut
½ cup coconut oil
3 tbsp Riza Max protein powder
2 tsps maca powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
¼ tsp Himalayan salt
- In a food processor, coarsely grind almonds.
- Add soaked dates, coconut, coconut oil, protein, maca, cinnamon, vanilla and salt.
- Process until all ingredients are combined into a dough-like texture.
- Roll dough into 1 inch bites.
- Optional: Roll in cacao powder or toasted coconut flakes.
Do you know someone who loves getting new recipes? Make their day and share this!