recipe by: Marilyn, Compounding Lab Technician
As I'm sure you could guess, NutriChem staff are pretty passionate about health and nutrition. So when one of our colleagues shares a yummy recipe that is both delicious and healthy, we're all for it!
For this week's Foodie Friday, Marilyn wanted to contribute the recipe for her family's beloved noodles. She makes a big dish of them for every NutriChem event and pot-luck, and they are so well loved that there are NEVER any leftovers.
We hope your family enjoys them as much as NutriChem staff do! As with most family recipes, there are no real measurements for this one. Part of the fun of cooking!
- rice vermicelli
- roasted chicken
- vegetables (carrots, cabbage, peppers, green peas)
- Slice the garlic and onion very thinly.
- Slice the vegetables into thin strips.
- Shred the roasted chicken breast.
- Soak the rice vermicelli in hot water until soft, then steam it for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat up a frying pan with oil. Sauté the garlic and onion.
- To the frying pan, add the carrots, cabbage, peppers, then green peas.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix in the steamed noodles and shredded chicken.
- Add dark soy sauce or chicken broth to taste.