By Laura Mierzwa, Registered Holistic Nutritionist and Culinary Nutrition Expert
If you follow along with everything we do at NutriChem, then you’ll know we’re all about supporting the microbiome! But, did you know that your skin has a microbiome too? Just as the gut has a collection of different microorganisms internally, they reside similarly on the skin externally! We’re so obsessed with cleanliness of the skin that we often don’t think of the repercussions of using harsh cleansing agents and beauty products topically. It’s important to make sure your skin care products are clean and free of harmful ingredients. At NutriChem we only carry skin care lines that fall into these necessary requirements. We’re also all for a little DIY skin care too! That’s exactly why I came up with this Nourishing Probiotic Face Mask.
- 1 tbsp coconut cream from a can of full fat coconut milk
- 1 Nutridophilus probiotic capsule (open up)
- 1 tsp ground oats
- Mix together the coconut cream, probiotic powder and ground oats.
- Thoroughly wash your face and neck with a gentle cleanser or face oil with warm water and lightly pat dry
- Apply the mask to your face and neck in a circular motion for one minute. This will help to stimulate blood flow and allow the oats to act as a gentle exfoliator.
- Let sit for 10 minutes while you read a book or take a bath and then rinse with warm water.
This mask can be applied 1 – 2 times per week.