Recipe by Kate Orlando, RHN
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 tbsp vegan protein powder of choice
- ¼ cup unsweetened mini chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- ½ cup organic almond butter or peanut butter
- ¼ cup freshly ground flax meal
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ¼ cup local maple syrup
- ¼ tsp almond extract or ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 pinch ground Himalayan rock salt
- Add all of your ingredients into a bowl and stir to combine. Full disclosure: I use my hands to mix.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 45 minutes. Once chilled, form desired bite-sized balls - be prepared for a little bit of effort, the mixture tends to be crumbly.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Kate Orlando, RHN is training for the Boston Marathon. Interested in following her journey? Check out her last two blog posts about it!