The one thing missing in many vegan recipes is something creamy. Vegans shouldn’t need to go without the cream in cream of mushroom soup, or without the creamy in creamy mac and cheese!!! Who’s with me?!
Enter Savory Cashew Cream! This super easy and delicious cream is wonderful for adding that missing element to any vegan dish. Add it to soups or pasta recipes. Drizzle it over salads or stir fry. This amazing cream sauce elevates any dish it’s added to.
As a nutritional bonus, cashews are rich in magnesium making them an excellent food for building and maintaining bone health.
Savory Cashew Cream
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 cup home-made veggie broth (more if you prefer a thinner consistency)
- I tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 clove garlic
- Soak cashews in pure, filtered water over night or for at least two hours.
- Place cashews in a high-speed blender with the remaining ingredients.
- Blend on high until mixture is smooth, adding vegetable broth if you prefer a thinner consistency.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- This recipe also freezes well!!
Written by Julia Davie, NutriChem Registered Holistic Nutritionist and Certified Doula
Julia is a graduate of the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition. Julia’s services emphasize the importance of whole, live and natural foods. Striving to make healthy eating accessible and enjoyable, she believes that food can be both nutritious and delicious! As a Registered Holistic Nutritionist, she understands the unique needs of each client and works with them to develop and implement a healthy eating plan individualized to their needs.
Julia strives to empower her clients through education, inspire them to make better food choices, and live healthier and more vibrant lives.
Julia’s special interests include digestive support, weight loss, skin health, blood sugar support, fertility nutrition, prenatal, postnatal and pediatric nutrition.
Call: 613-820-4200 to book an appointment with Julia.