One of the biggest issues many of my clients express is that they need something quick and easy in the morning. Instead of reaching for nutrient void toast or boxed cereal that will send energy levels plummeting by 10:00am, I recommend for them make a batch of this the night before for smooth sailing in the morning. This recipe makes 4 servings so it's perfect for families, or will leave you leftovers for the week ahead. A healthy breakfast should contain adequate amounts of proteins and fats to keep blood sugar levels balanced for energy all day long.
Overnight Cookie Dough Oats (make ahead, serves 4)
- 1 cup dry oatmeal
- 1/4 cup cashews chopped fine
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup tbsp chia seeds
- 6 dates chopped
- 2 scoops NutriChem Riza Max Protein powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 - 2 1/2 cups unsweetened box coconut milk
- Almond butter for topping
- Mix all dry ingredients together well.
- Mix with coconut milk and let sit in the fridge overnight.
- Scoop into individual portions for serving.
- Drizzle with 1 tbsp of almond butter.