recipe by: Laura Mierzwa, Registered Holistic Nutritionist, Culinary Nutrition Expert
This recipe was featured on CTV Morning Live on July 14th, 2016! Watch the clip here.
Skip the drive-thru on the way home and snack on these energy balls instead! Packed with healthy fats and proteins, they’ll keep you satisfied until dinner. Feel free to swap out the walnuts for your favourite nut or seed.
10 dates, soaked and pitted
1 cup walnuts
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup hemp seeds
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 scoop Riza-Max organic brown rice protein powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- In a food processor, coarsely grind walnuts.
- Add soaked dates, coconut, hemp seeds, coconut oil, protein, cinnamon, vanilla and salt.
- Process until all ingredients are combined into a dough-like texture.
- Roll dough into 1 inch bites.
- Option: Roll in toasted coconut flakes.
Want to save this recipe for later? Click the [ f ] logo below to share it to your Facebook wall!