Recipe by: Julia Davie, Registered Holistic Nutritionist
Most people love the delicious taste of sushi, but few people have the desire or the skill to make the cute little rolls. This inspired recipe for a sushi bowl by Julia Davie, RHN, is as simple as putting together a salad and as delicious as sushi! Give it a try and let us know what you think in the comments below or on social media.
1.5 cups cooked brown rice
1 full sized nori sheet, cut into slices
½ ripe avocado, chopped
¼ cup carrots cut into matchsticks
¼ cup cucumber cut into matchsticks
¼ cup wild smoked salmon
1 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
Prep tip: If you prefer, you could spiralize or thinly slice the carrots and cucumber.
½ cup quality extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup rice or balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp. raw honey
2 tbsp. sesame oil
2 tbsp. tamari or coconut aminos
1 tsp. peeled and minced ginger
- Place brown rice in a single serving bowl.
- Top with vegetables, nori, salmon and sesame seeds. (Prep tip: Get your kids to help with this step - it's so much fun for them to help out in the kitchen!)
- Combine all dressing ingredients and mix well.
- Drizzle a small amount of the Sesame Ginger Dressing over the sushi bowl.
- Enjoy right away or pack this bowl as a hearty and nutritious lunch!
Use this image to Pin the recipe to one of your Pinterest boards:
Take a photo of your creation and share with us on social media!
Instagram // @NutriChemOttawa
Twitter // @NutriChem
Facebook // NutriChemOttawa
Pinterest // @NutriChem_
YouTube // NutriChem Pharmacy and Clinic