Written by: Julia Davie, Registered Holistic Nutritionist
Are you in need of a seasonal side dish that is easy and delicious? Look no further! This recipe is fast, simple and healthy! Don’t love Brussels Sprouts? Give this recipe a try! It might just change your mind about this incredibly healthy vegetable.
- 1-2 lbs. Brussels Sprouts,
- 3 tbsp. avocado oil
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes (more for extra heat!)
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 F
- Wash the Brussel Sprouts and remove the outer leaves
- Cut off the woody at the bottom of the sprout. Cut in half length wise.
- Cover a roasting pan with some parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl and toss until thoroughly combined.
- Spread the sprouts out evenly on the roasting pan.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes until sprouts are tender and browned.
Written by Julia Davie, NutriChem Registered Holistic Nutritionist and Doula
Julia is a graduate of the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition. Julia’s services emphasize the importance of whole, live and natural foods. Striving to make healthy eating accessible and enjoyable, she believes that food can be both nutritious and delicious! As a Registered Holistic Nutritionist, she understands the unique needs of each client and works with them to develop and implement a healthy eating plan individualized to their needs.
Julia strives to empower her clients through education, inspire them to make better food choices, and live healthier and more vibrant lives.
Julia’s special interests include digestive support, weight loss, skin health, blood sugar support, fertility nutrition, prenatal, postnatal and pediatric nutrition.
Call: 613-695-5405 to book an appointment with Julia.