recipe by: Julia Davie, Registered Holistic Nutritionist
Smoothie bowls are all the rage right now because they're gorgeous and delicious while being incredibly healthy. Here's a great recipe to get you started!
Tip from the Pros, because we were confused at first too: smoothie bowls are eaten with a spoon. :)
Yield: 2 smoothie bowls
1 frozen banana
1 cup ripe mango
1 ripe avocado
1.5 cups dairy-free milk (coconut, almond, etc.)
2 large handfuls fresh baby spinach
1 scoop Riza-Max Organic Brown Rice Protein
1 scoop VegeGreens by Progressive
- fresh berries
- minced pineapple
- shelled hemp seeds
- raw cacao nibs
- chopped almonds
- chia seed
- shredded or flaked unsweetened coconut
- goji berries
- bee pollen
- pomegranate seeds
- Place smoothie ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Use a tamper as needed to push the ingredients down to ensure mixture is fully blended.
- Add small amounts of extra dairy-free milk as necessary. Aim for a smooth but thick consistency.
- Divide smoothie into two bowls.
- Adorn the smoothie bowl with desired toppings. Have fun with it and get creative!
- Dig in!
BONUS: Take a photo of your artwork and tag NutriChem on social media!
Instagram // @NutriChemOttawa
Twitter // @NutriChem
Facebook // NutriChemOttawa
Pinterest // @NutriChem_
YouTube // NutriChem Pharmacy and Clinic
Want to save this recipe for later? Click the [ f ] logo below to share it to your Facebook wall!